MARINA – Marine Knowledge Sharing Platform for Federating Responsible Research and Innovation Communities.
H2020 Programme, DG Research
The MARINA project embeds and promotes the Responsible Research and Innovation (RRI) approach in 8 strategic marine Hot Topics issues involving all the Horizon2020 societal challenges:
- Marine biotech
- Sea Transportation
- Deep sea mining (including bio prospecting)
- Marine Change caused by climate
- Renewable energy (wave, wind, tidal)
- Tourism and coastal cities
- Fishing and aquaculture
- Pollution caused by human land and sea pressures.
RRI is a new approach to science whereby all actors engaged can effectively make their voice heard in the whole research process and share their ideas with those who develop new solutions. Thanks to the on field experience, MARINA project will strengthen this systematic approach, making it transferable and reproducible for any RRI thematic domain. For that purpose, the MARINA projects implements several activities:
- Mobilization and Mutual Learning (MML) workshops to discuss, explore, propose and network
- Development of a Knowledge Sharing Platform (KSP)
- Mobilizing policy to institutionalize RRI principles
- Creation of Guidelines and Good Practices for RRI
SEVEN is a subcontractor in the project.