IWRM Al-Ostuan – IWRM Al-Ostuan – Integrated Water Resource Management (IWRM) in Al Ostuan River Basin, Akkar
The aim of this service contract is to develop and pilot in the Al-Ostuan River Basin in North Lebanon a bottom-up approach for designing and implementing Programmes of Measures (PoMs) at the River Basin scale in coordination with key local and national stakeholders.
Policy relevant targets for water conservation, water reuse, pollution control etc. will be developed on the basis of a physical-based semi distributed assessment of water resources (looking at water demand sectors, supply sources and major pollution risks) at the river basin scale in the Al-Ostuan River Basin in North Lebanon
- Development of the Al Ostuan WEAP water resources management model (WRMM) reflecting the water availability and demand per sector.
- High-level policy-relevant water pollution assessment (pollution loads and hot-spot areas, mapping of the vulnerable areas in terms of pollution).
- Simulation of the impacts of future climate and socio-economic scenarios on water availability and demand.
- Definition of policy-relevant targets and accompanying measures (Programme of Measures- PoMs) for water conservation, water reuse, pollution control etc. in consultation with the stakeholders in the Al-Ostuan River Basin.
- Assessment of the robustness of the PoMs under future scenarios for the year 2035.